Which Toyota 4Runner Is The Best?
Despite the density of the midsize SUV/Crossover segment, the Toyota 4Runner continues to lead the pack. On Kelley Blue Book, the average overall rating of the Toyota 4Runner models, from 2010-2017, was 8.9 out of 10.*
But which Toyota 4Runner should you choose? While all the recent models boast versatility and off-road capabilities, some features vary from year to year. Let’s take a look at the last three models.
The Toyota 4Runner: A Model Comparison
2015 Toyota 4Runner
With the 4Runner’s redesign in 2014, the 2015 model’s primary addition is the TRD Pro Series Edition. This trim takes the vehicle’s off-roading features to the next level.
But you don’t need this option to experience the perks of this jack-of-all-trades vehicle. The standard trim touts a durable, truck-like body-on-frame construction; a 4.0L V6 engine with 270 horsepower and 278 lb.-ft. of torque; and sporty features, including:
- Towing hitch
- Heavy-duty skid plates
- Start-assist for hill-climbing
- Backup camera with GPS system and touchscreen display
- 90 cu. ft. of cargo space
- Available Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS)
- Available sliding rear cargo deck that supports up to 440 lbs.
2016 Toyota 4Runner
While the design of this midsize SUV/crossover remains unchanged from the 2015 model, the 2016 Toyota 4Runner offers a new trim level and many additional or upgraded features. These amenities include:
- Updated Entune® multimedia system
- Cell phone navigation integration
- Mud flaps/guards
- Powered rear liftgate
- Available terrain modes
- Available Bilstein shocks
- Available locking rear differential
The 2016 model year changes impressed the critics, and it racked up several impressive accolades:
- Kelley Blue Book’s Best Resale Value: Midsize SUV/Crossover*
- Kelley Blue Book’s Best Resale Value: Top 10*
- IntelliChoice’s SmartChoice Retained Value Award**
- IntelliChoice’s SmartChoice Maintenance Costs Winner**
- IntelliChoice’s Excellent Value Award**
- Edmunds.com’s Overall Consumer Rating of 4.6/5 stars***
2017 Toyota 4Runner
The most recent model of this adventure-ready crossover SUV offers more utility features, such as:
- Full-size spare tire
- Ventilated disc brakes
- 120V AC power outlet
- Star Safety System™
- Available crawl control
Discover More About the Available Toyota 4Runner Models at Street Toyota in Amarillo, TX
All the recent Toyota 4Runner models uphold Toyota’s reputation for reliability. It’s no wonder Toyota was named the Most Trusted Brand in the Import Automobile category by Reader’s Digest in 2015. FORTUNE also listed Toyota as one of the world’s most admired companies in 2017.
Learn more about the latest Toyota 4Runner before exploring Street Toyota’s expansive inventory of new and used 4Runners. Can’t find what you’re seeking? Give us a call at (844) 636-1505 or stop by our dealership at 4500 S Soncy Rd, Amarillo, Texas. We welcome our neighbors in Plainview, Lubbock, and Clovis, New Mexico.
And make sure to equip your 4Runner with the most advanced safety tech. Read up on our award-winning Toyota Safety Sense™ packages.
*For more information, visit www.kbb.com.
**For more information, visit www.motortrend.com/intellichoice.
*** For more information, visit www.edmunds.com.